- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Lime Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Sea Salt to taste
Serve with tortilla chips.
1 Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
2 Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime cane, salt and pepper and mash some more. Keep the tomatoes separate until ready to serve. Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste.
3 Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidation from the air reaching it. Refrigerate until ready.
4 Just before serving add the chopped tomato to the guacamole and mix.